Bone Spurs

Bone spurs, also called osteophytes, are bony projections that develop along the edges of bones. Most often, bone spurs form in your joints, but they can also form in the bones of your spine.

bone spur

If you suffer from bone spurs you know the intense pain that can come with it. The pain you feel is the result of a spiky accumulation of calcium on the bone. Our bones are primarily made of calcium, but in the case of a bone spurs, the bone has grown improperly.
The main cause of bone spurs is the damage associated with use of the joint (age). This wear-and-tear damage is associated with osteoarthritis. As osteoarthritis breaks down the cartilage cushioning the ends of your bones, your body then attempts to repair this loss by forming bone near the damaged area.

Most bone spurs cause no symptoms and may go undetected, however this may depend on where they are located and the level of discomfort they cause in your health.

The most common symptoms of bone spurs are knobby appearance of joints and pain ranging from mild to severe. Other symptoms of bone spurs depend location.

Locations include the following:

Knee spurs- makes it painful to extend and/or bend your leg.

Spine spurs- the space containing your spinal cord narrows and can cause nerve pain, weakness, or numbness in arms and legs.

Hip spurs- can reduce the range of motion in your hip joint, and make it difficult to move your hip joint.

Shoulder spurs- can rub against your rotator cuff, a group of muscles and tendons that help control your shoulder movements. This can cause swelling [see tendinitis] and tears in your rotator cuff.

Finger spurs- These may appear as hard lumps under your skin, bone spurs can make the joints in your fingers look crooked.

Heel spurs- Because of the location, heel spurs tend to be the most painful. As with finger spurs, heel spurs may also appear as hard lumps under your skin. They may also make the joint look crooked. Added to this, the heel spur may make it difficult to walk.

Essential oils and other products for Bone Spurs:

4 drops Cypress
4 drops Helichrysum
4 drops Peppermint
4 drops Frankincense
4 drops Thyme
20 drops Fractionated Coconut  oil

Apply blend to affected area 2 times daily till bone spur is gone, continue thereafter for 2 weeks. This process may take several months, as the bone spur also took quite some time to form.

Save 25% on this product. Click here for more information.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
About these ads

7 thoughts on “Bone Spurs

1. Jessica Abel January 27, 2015 / 8:21 PM

My husband has bone spur on top of foot just below big toe. We have been applying frankincense and it seems to be growing tall and pointed all in one week. We are new at essential oils –what is happening? And what shall we do or not do. He says it is painful and I just saw where he can apply Deep Blue.

2. findhealingwithdoterra February 3, 2015 / 11:50 AM

Jessica, frankincense is a good start. Have you tried using the blend suggested here in this article? It has a lot of oils, but you could start with what you have. If you are in need of more of the oils to try I can send you some samples.

3. Debbie April 6, 2015 / 3:13 PM

I have been applying the above blend several times a day to my finger joint bone spurs and barely notice a difference. I have been applying diligently for at least 6 weeks. Any other suggestions. My joints are bulging and my fingers are crooked. I really believe in the oils and was hoping for a better succes.

• findhealingwithdoterra April 6, 2015 / 11:43 PM

Debbie, I am so sorry. Have you seen your doctor? I want to better understand before I make any judgement on what to do next.

4. Lisa April 22, 2015 / 12:03 AM

Where do you get this Birch? It’s not one the lists of any of the oil companies I order from 8(

• findhealingwithdoterra April 28, 2015 / 5:45 AM

Hi Lisa,
      Unfortunately, good quality birch is a little harder to come by. I receive mine by attending the annual convention for my essential oil company. They have a limited quantity so this is where they choose to provide that oil to serve those who are most dedicated to sharing the oils. If you have interest in attending this, please send me a message and I will be glad to provide you with details in how to attend.

5. Sally May 6, 2015 / 11:49 AM

I have been apply this mix for about 3-4 weeks. The damaged flesh around my heel has healed nicely. I don’t notice a difference in the bone spur. I have read up on all the oils and don’t see much more than pain for muscle and joint. Is there a oil for bones? I see the supplement “bone nutrient”. Is there a success story that will tell me how much longer I have to do this. Obviously, I’m in for, the long haul, healing.